5 Advantages of Design-Build aka “contractor-led” construction projects
The design-build process is an increasingly-popular and successful approach to commercial construction projects that are used worldwide to produce & deliver high-quality commercial construction for manufacturing facilities, warehouses, office buildings, distribution facilities, religious organizations, sports venues, municipal facilities, and just about every market segment. Here are the 5 top advantages to using design-build on your project:
1. Early cost, design and materials input from the contractor
2. Time is saved by compressing the schedule
3. Greatly reduces or eliminates change orders
4. Design and contractor fees are kept to a minimum
5. Owner can occupy the facility earlier
By simplifying the construction process and involving the contractor in the planning from the start, the design-build method offers many benefits over any traditional design-bid-build method.